I Heart Donkeys

Friday, March 18, 2005

Too Much

Oh my god, I've had so much food. Tasty, but far too much. I'm so glad it's the end of the week. I finally have a weekend off! I'm really excited as well - the Bookseller came out today, with a special kid's edition (oh Christ, how incredibly sad am I that these are the things I'm excited about) and there are a load of new books I'm looking forward to - Ark Angel by Anthony Horowitz, the new one by Philip Reeve (I can't remember it off the top of my head) Eldest by Christopher Paolini.. oh there were loads more, but I was too busy trying not to let anyone see I was reading my magazine on the shopfloor to make a note of them. I was stuck without a book on my lunch break, so ended up reading more of 'To Die For' a book about a woman's struggle through anorexia. It's a little harrowing to read, and brought back memories. Not surprisingly, I struggled with an eating disorder when I was in my teens. Sad really, my family (my dad) didn't really notice. Didn't notice that I wasn't eating, didn't notice me blacking out because of the lack of food, or how depressed I was. We spent a long time living in the same house but not really seeing the other people. I had my section of the house, my brother had his, as did my dad. Kitchen being mostly shared. I don't remember when we stopped being a proper family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home