I Heart Donkeys

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Stuff.

I'd say I'm a pretty open person. I don't mind sharing stuff with other people, and I find I tend to overshare a lot of the times.. but there are always certain things I'd prefer if no one really knew about. Which is understandable, right? Everyone needs some privacy. But there's someone in my life who can't accept that. And it's really fucking me off right now. She knew I was hoping to get a job, and I purposely didn't tell her when the interview was. I don't want or need the pressure of letting everyone know afterwards if I got the job or not. Why should I have to deal with that? Instead of leaving it at that, she asks my husband questions and through no fault of his own, he tells her my interview is this week. Today, she asks me if I'm working tomorrow, and when I say no, I assume she puts two and two together to mean that my interview is tomorrow. But she doesn't say anything about it to me, which must mean she knows that I don't want her to know, and instead of keeping it to herself, she tells her daughter, who then wishes me good luck. Instead of thinking, what's wrong with that, people who want to wish me luck and whatever, I'm thinking of the sneakiness of it all. Asking the right questions to find out what she wanted to know. If I wanted to tell anyone about my interview, I would have told them, and not left her to tell them. What right or business does she have to tell people what goes on in my life? Especially when I didn't come right out and tell her. I hate families on days like today.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe the problem is that you're so secretive that you take someone else's concern and caring about you to be a threat to you. Maybe you forget that there are some people that don't have much in their lives and that their talking is just them trying to make the best of their day and not them gosipping about you. Maybe you ought to look in the mirror and consider that you only want people to be there for you when it suits you and that's selfish. We all have secrets but, to mistake another person's kindness and concern for maliciousness, and you very well know that that person is always extremely concerned about you and treats you more like a family member than your own family does, well... that goes to show how self centred you can be.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I guess the lesson we should learn from this is not to write entries/comments when we're angry, they'll only turn out hurtful. Agreed?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home